Trish is a Registered Therapeutic Counsellor (RTC # 2231), life coach, teacher, and workshop facilitator, located in Vancouver, British Columbia. Trish’s training and focus is in the area of Transpersonal Psychology, which integrates the spiritual and transcendent aspects of the human experience with the framework of modern psychology.(http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3330526/
Trish works from a combination of therapeutic approaches based on the individual goals of the client. Sessions generally integrate a combination of coaching tools with therapeutic counselling approaches including: Person-Centered (Rogerian) Therapy, Gestalt Therapy, Bowen Family Systems Therapy (including the exploration, identification and healing of trans-generational transmissions of trauma and other transmissions passed down through the family system impacting the client); developmental Attachment Theory, Acceptance & Commitment Therapy, Interpersonal Neurobiology and Mindfulness, – along with various therapeutic approaches within the framework of Transpersonal Psychology which foster the fulfillment of our highest potential as human beings. (for more detailed information on these areas of focus just click on the ‘About‘ tab, above).
In addition to a Registered Therapeutic Counsellor, Trish has been a Co-Active life coach since 2008, and trained through the Coaches Training Institute (CTI) in San Francisco, California.
Since 2016 Trish has focused on developing and facilitating both online and in-person strength focused, trauma-informed training workshops for university students, physicians, psychologists, and other mental health therapists who are already working in the field, and who are interested in updating their knowledge and skills in the area of trauma healing. Trish has also provided trauma and resilience-informed training, and workshops on preventing and healing compassion fatigue and secondary trauma, for front-line workers, school teachers, school counsellors/staff members, corporations, non-profit organizations, Health Authorities, and the general public. (see http://trishwalsh.ca/trauma-training/). Trish also provides workshops/training on healing intergenerational/transgenerational and collective trauma.
Trish is also only of of a few coaches in North America who specialize in training for Trauma-Informed Coaching, and Transpersonal Coaching. For more information on Transpersonal Coaching, see: Transpersonal coaching
At the foundation of all of Trish’s work is the tenet that with deeper understanding, our struggles can be tremendous opportunities for growth and transformational expansion of our relationships, the world, and of ourselves.
Featured Videos & Podcasts:
- May 4, 2021 Brené Brown interviews Oprah Winfrey and Dr. Bruce D. Perry on Trauma, Resilience, and Healing https://open.spotify.com/episode/7GgvaJ3DUL4oQyxtyr86H3
- March 2020: Dr. Stephen Porges: How to Counter the effects of social/physical distancing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FGTHm6R4pc
- Jan. 2019: Dr. Rick Hanson interview with Tara Brach “Caring for Yourself” http://www.rickhanson.net/being-well-podcast-caring-for-yourself/
- Tara Brach talk “Taking the Exquisite Risk: An Undefended Heart” https://www.tarabrach.com/undefended-heart/
- Podcast interview with Linda Graham: “Cultivating Response Flexibility: Neuroscience in Psychotherapy” http://www.soundstrue.com/store/weeklywisdom?page=single&category=IATE&episode=12267
- CBC Tapestry podcast: Psilocybin research in palliative care: http://www.cbc.ca/radio/tapestry/taking-the-grim-out-of-grim-reaper-with-a-psychedelic-trip-1.2992608/psychologist-anthony-bossis-can-psychedelic-drugs-help-ease-the-fear-of-death-1.2994067
A beautiful short claymation film by Ainslie Henderson about the ego defense system (inner critic) and a path to healing: https://vimeo.com/45281618
“Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about…”
Viktor Frankl (author of Man’s Search for Meaning): ” Why Believe in Others? “
Interview with Catherine and Duane O’Kane (Part 1 of 2) Relationship dynamics “…being willing to release the burden of responsibility we put on others to make up for our past”
Interesting video re: the neurobiology of memory and healing implicit emotional memory:
“neuroscience is catching up to psychotherapy” – Dr Daniela Schiller