*For full list of other workshops and events in 2019/2020, see http://trishwalsh.ca/events/
Organization/Corporate and Private Group trauma-informed and resiliency-informed training: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK207204/
Trish provides both half and full day, online, and in-person organizational Resiliency-informed and Trauma-informed Practice Trainings tailored to your organization’s needs. These trainings have been updated to include information and specific tools for building resilience during the Covid19 pandemic.
Please contact Trish for more information at Trish@trishwalsh.ca, or Traumatrainingcanada@gmail.com
Trauma-informed Training Upcoming Dates (public workshops):
- Special Q & A Session with Dr. Mark Haden, UBC School of Population Health and MAPS Canada Executive Director https://traumatrainingfeb26.eventbrite.com
- Advanced Trauma-Informed Practice Training (limited to 24 participants) https://healingtriggersandbeliefs.eventbrite.com
- Trauma-Informed to Resiliency-Informed Training (Certificate): Healing the Impacts of Unresolved Trauma and Building Resilience During Covid 19. (new 2021 dates added below)
These workshops are open to professionals working in the health and mental healthcare fields, as well as the general public.
- June 20, 2020: https://traumatrainingjune20.eventbrite.com
- August 16, 2020: https://traumatrainingaug16.eventbrite.com
- September 20, 2020: https://traumatrainingsept20.eventbrite.com
- October 25, 2020: https://traumatrainingoct25.eventbrite.com
- November 29, 2020: https://traumatrainingnov29.eventbrite.com
- February 28, 2021: https://traumatrainingfeb.eventbrite.com
- March 7, 2021 https://healingtriggersandbeliefs.eventbrite.com
- April 3, 2021 https://traumatrainingapril3.eventbrite.com
- April 27, 2021 https://healingtriggersapril27.eventbrite.com
Below is feedback from recent Trauma-Informed Practice Training Workshops (June 20, to September 7, 2020):
September 2020: “Trish, thank you for your wonderful presentation on Trauma-Informed Care. The feedback received from many of the participants was very positive, with many people saying it was the highlight of the 3 day conference! We found it highly valuable.” – Provincial Health Authority (participant/training organizer)
August 2020: “The Family Support Institute of British Columbia had the good fortune to do a custom tailored workshop on Trauma Informed Practice with Trish and Galen for our provincial staff team. The session was profound and impactful. The presenters were gentle, skilled, and imparted deep knowledge, research and practice into all aspects of our time together. They made space for all participants to feel safe, nurtured and left them with a newly acquired set of tools, strategies and knowledge. Our time together was set at a wonderful pace and had great structure to enable the participants to easily ask questions, pause and reflect, and take breaks or connect as they personally needed. FSIBC would highly recommend Trish and Galen to anyone who is looking for a team session on Trauma Informed Practice”. – Angela Clancy, Executive Director of the Family Support Institute of British Columbia: https://familysupportbc.com/
“Thank you so much for this amazing workshop trauma-informed training workshop! I have nothing but wonderful things to say about this workshop, and will highly recommend it to others. Just wish we had more time to learn more. THANK YOU!!!!!” – participant feedback from July 7, 2020 workshop
“Thank you for leading our team through a very dynamic topic, and for creating safety for us to deepen our awareness of the origins of trauma. I especially appreciate the insights shared around how to co-regulate, and what impact that has on connection and relationship.” – participant feedback from July 7, 2020 workshop
“The workshop was excellent. Loved how beautifully the two presenters facilitated the workshop. Just wish we had more time to learn more from these amazing presenters!” – feedback from July 7, 2020 workshop
“I really appreciated the information that was shared in this workshop. Being born in a generation where trauma and stress were not really talked about this was very helpful to put some events into a better perspective with the intent of being able to help support other families. I also enjoyed the presenters, they were easy to listen to and worked well together. I like to hear practical applications on subject matter, and I also like to understand the science to the degree I am able. I felt like both of these needs were met. Thank you for a great presentation.“ – participant feedback July 7, 2020 workshop
“ The speakers were gentle and kind, warm and safe.” – participant feedback July 7, 2020 workshop.
” This was an amazing day, I only wish we had more time—we could spend weeks on this topic!” – participant feedback from July 7, 2020 workshop
“Thank you so much for your time and knowledge. This workshop was very much needed (both personally and professionally)” – participant feedback from July 7, 2020 workshop
“It was a great day of learning, very important topic and will really help me in the work I do with families” – participant feedback from July 7, 2020 workshop.
“There were a ton of great takeaway and I found it to be very helpful especially in the current COVID circumstances. I would love to participate in a “part 2″ if that is available?” – participant feedback from July 7, 2020 workshop
“I really appreciated the framework of theory that Trish shared near start – it was concise and well presented. Very comprehensive and I’m very grateful for all of the preparation and sharing of resources. There are things that I have already used in counselling sessions this week. Overall, a very positive education experience. Thank you!” – participant feedback from June 20th workshop
“Trish and Galen are a fantastic blend of trauma-informed practice, neuroscience, mindfulness and self-compassion. Whether you’re a therapist, teacher, helping professional or anyone on their own personal healing journey, this was a resource-rich workshop that also instilled a sense of hope and healing in undoing aloneness.” – participant feedback from our June 20, 2020 workshop.
“Trish’s way of conveying the neuroscience was very well articulated and understandable (especially for myself who has “academic burn-out” and finds scientific language/jargon hard to understand) with the right mix of personal stories and examples…” – participant feedback from June 20th workshop
” I appreciated the passion, knowledge and patience of you both. You are a wealth of knowledge and experience. That really shone through in the workshop. Also appreciated the time spent after the workshop and the option to drop by for questions after a week. Thank you also for all the amazing resources provided”. – participant feedback from our June 2020 workshop
” I really enjoyed this workshop. I think you both make a great team and it was really nice that you both alternated speaking throughout the day that reflected your expertise in a particular topic. I loved how you started the beginning by setting up expectations and asking each of us what we would like to learn/how we came to the workshop. It was also interesting to hear about other people’s reasons/experiences. I also appreciated how you both created a safe and comfortable environment for everyone to participate as much or as little as they wished. The material was wonderful and I most enjoyed learning about the brain, hearing personal stories about trauma, and trying out the meditation exercises. The vicarious joy exercise at the end was a beautiful way to end the day. I also liked that we were a small group to build safety and trust. It was also nice to have “official” question times as well as the ability to ask questions in the chatbox. You both answered questions thoughtfully and with care. Lastly, thank you for offering to complete the survey after the workshop (people tend to be tired at the end of the day) and I also appreciate you offering a follow-up question time. Thank you for a great workshop.” – participant feedback from our June 20, 2020 workshop.
“I really appreciated the safe environment the facilitators created that emphasized choice. The content was fascinating and enlightening and I enjoyed the experiential exercises we were guided through” – participant feedback from our June 20, 2020 workshop.
(ENDED) Sunday, March 8, 2020: Trauma Informed Practice Training (Certificate): “When Words Are Not Enough” https://traumatrainingmarch8.eventbrite.com
** “When Words Are Not Enough” Trauma Training workshop will be running again once in-person workshops are once again taking place. Please contact us if you would like to be added to the waiting list.
Past Trauma Training LEVEL 1 Training Dates:
- Saturday May 11, 2019 To register: https://trauma-informed-training-vancouver.eventbrite.com
- Sunday June 30, 2019 To register: https://trauma-informed-training-june30th.eventbrite.com
- Sunday, August 11, 2019 To register: https://trauma-training-level-1-august-11.eventbrite.com
- Sunday, September 22, 2019: https://traumatrainingsep22.eventbrite.com
- Sunday October 27, 2019: Healing Intergenerational Trauma https://healingintergenerationaltrauma.eventbrite.com
- Sunday, November 10, 2019: https://traumatrainingnov10.eventbrite.com
- Sunday, January 12, 2020: https://traumatrainingjanuary12.eventbrite.com
- Friday February 28, 2020: Private Group Training: Vancouver Island, BC
- Sunday March 29, 2020: https://traumatrainingmarch29.eventbrite.com
- Saturday May 9, 2020: https://traumatrainingmay9.eventbrite.com
- Friday, May 15, 2020: a BC School District: Staff & Teacher Training
- Sunday August 16, 2020: https://traumatrainingaug16.eventbrite.com
More dates coming soon…..
Other trauma-informed practice workshops include:
- Mitigating the Impact of Isolation and Social Distancing during COVID-19.
- How to Build Resilience, and Foster Post Traumatic Growth
- Understanding & Healing Intergenerational Trauma
Trauma-Informed Practice Training
Level 1 Certificate
Workshop Details: This workshop will provide participants with tools, knowledge and some expertise on how to assist clients with trauma and understand how trauma impacts the healing process. Research supports that knowledge of trauma-Informed care is critical to help clients move through barriers to healing.
- The Neurobiology of Trauma
- Signs and Symptoms of Trauma
- Trauma and the Body: and the human “Threat-Response Cycle”
- Creating a Safe Space for Trauma Healing
- Brief Overview of Therapeutic Models that are Congruent with a Trauma-informed Practice and Facilitate the Healing Process
- Window of Tolerance, and Titration
- How Emotion and Trauma Memory is Discharged From the Body
- Triggers, and How to Release Limiting Beliefs.
- Helping Clients Build Resilience and the Role of Lifestyle in Healing.
Below is the participants’ written feedback from this workshop:
- “Thank-you so much for creating Level 1, Trish! It was by far the most informative workshop on Trauma that I have attended!”
- “This information is SO important to get out to the therapeutic community! Thank-you!!”
- “I enjoyed the workshop very much. I used the concepts that I learned the day after, and the positive results were immediate.”
- “Thank-you for everything! It was a wonderful experience!”
- “I enjoyed the practice and enjoyed the science based approach.”
- “Thank-you for an amazing training!!”
- “I really appreciated the clinical experience, and that it was research based.”
- “Thank-you for the workshop; it was very helpful, and very well delivered!”
- “I really liked the structure of the course. The instructors were very knowledgeable. I learned a lot!”
- “Thank-you – so glad this resource is available for therapists and being advocated in the therapeutic community.”
- “Thank-you! This is tremendously important work: uplifting and empowering for all.”
- “Excellent, Practical, Well Informed workshop!”
- “I really appreciated the integrative approach of the different interventions.”
- “Appreciated the experiential exercises, and the real-life demo’s of sessions, and the language to use with clients. I appreciated that the instructors addressed the audience’s questions and wonderings.”
- “It was a wonderful workshop! Will recommend to others! Thank-you for sharing your knowledge and experience.”
- “I really appreciated the anecdotal evidence from both of your practices – and the handout! I also appreciate all the tools and strategies that I am walking away with! “
- “I enjoyed this course immensely!! “
- “I really enjoyed the in-depth look at trauma.”
- “Great class!! “
- “I really appreciated the info about trauma and the brain, EUT and tapping – thank-you!! “
- “Great collaboration between the two presenters. I appreciated personal sharing from the presenter, and of their counselling experience with clients.”
- “Great workshop!! “
- “The presenters were a perfect balance to one another in their skill sets and styles – a wonderful blend of intellectual and experiential.”
- “I appreciated the presenters’ connection with the audience. I enjoyed the examples and presentations! “
- ” I just want to say I have never met anyone with such an immense grasp of the topic of trauma – and to be able to boil it down the way you do is nothing short of extraordinary, so feel really blessed to be launching this training with you!!!”- Alyson Quinn, MSW: co-facilitator for Level 1 trauma training.